A man is dead after an electrical accident on a roof in Taunton, according to the state Department of Fire Services.
Preliminary investigation suggests that the adult man was trying to remove an antenna from a three-story apartment building on Danforth Street at around 7:30 a.m. Thursday when the antenna made contact with a nearby power line.
The electrical surge not only killed the man but started a fire on the apartment building. Taunton firefighters put the fire out with no further injuries reported, according to a Department of Fire Services statement.
The man’s identity is not being released pending the notification of his family.